Escentric Molecules

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Zephyr

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Zephyr
  • Perfumista
  • 1,696 posts

So I ordered samples of Escentric Molecules 01 and 02 from Luckyscent. Trying these out has been interesting. The first day I wore Molecule 02 it was a last minute pick before I went out for the morning. I did not smell much when I put it on. I was with a small group of people and I kept thinking someone really smelled good but the scent was so fleeting, I could not really notice it for long enough for me to describe it. Then I sort of concluded the smell was coming from me. I tried it out again. I was sitting at a desk when a passerby stated that something smelled really good. Another weird thing: the little sprayer sample came ~3/4 full but evaporated very quickly - I only got those 2 uses. Even hours after I last used the sample, the volume was less than what I remember. My husband, who dislikes almost all fragrances, commented later that day that whatever perfume I wore in the morning was "not bad". Mind you, he is in bed and still half-asleep when I walk back through the bedroom on my way to the kitchen. 

I found Molecule 01 similar to Molecule 02 but I did not notice it as much and I did not like it as much as 02. I noticed a note that reminded me of hydrocarbons. I have to say I am intrigued by both. I am buying a bottle of 02, if only to try it out some more. 

Any experiences?

The Refined One

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

The Refined One

Perfumista 5k

• Perfumista 5k
  • Pip
  • 5,334 posts

Interesting!  I've been wanting to try this house myself for some time and just haven't gotten around to it.

If there is any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ~William Penn

jeffreydame

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

jeffreydame

Yours in the desert

• Founder
  • 1,796 posts

Z-Perfumer Geza Schoen is the "nose" behind Escentric Molecules, and Geza has also created three fragrances for biehl. parfumkunstwerke, gs01, gs02 and new this summer gs03.  I have just started distributing the biehl scents in the States and have found the same experience with the Geza Schoen beihl scents- they are wonderful on entry of course, but quiet and specific and it takes some concentration to figure out what is going on, then you forget about them for a bit...and then, just as you describe 2-3 hours later I find myself looking around for the amazing scent in the air and it is of course me.  Quite the talent Geza Schoen.

Attached File  Biehl-Geza_Schoen-300.jpg   28.64KB   0 downloads

online shop now open

Dame Perfumery Scottsdale

Concept Store Opening Fall 2014

"the good life"

Dame-Perfumery-Logo-Oval-Preliminary-200

Prince Barry

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Prince Barry

Perfumed Dandy

• Perfumista 10K
  • PipPip
  • 13,173 posts
Molecule 01 is Iso-E Super and Molecule 02 is Ambroxan.

Geza is also the creator of the Ormonde Jayne scents.
It was one of those still evenings you get in the summer, when you can hear a snail clear it's throat a mile away. , Bertie Wooster.

dawnkana

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

dawnkana

Perfumista 5k

• Perfumista 5k
  • Pip
  • 8,081 posts

I remember trying Molecule 01 and I could not smell it at all.   My husband said it was strong smelling but to my nose, it was like spritzing myself with tap water.  Nothing.  

02 - I could smell but it was very stealth and I could only smell wafts every now and then. 

I am a fan of Geza's creation Intelligence & Fantasy Eau de Toilette by The Beautiful Mind Series which a has a very airy woodsy base.  Nice. 

“Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.” ― Hans Christian Andersen

The Refined One

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

The Refined One

Perfumista 5k

• Perfumista 5k
  • Pip
  • 5,334 posts

Hmmmm, with that nose I may have to start investigating...........

If there is any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ~William Penn

poppy patchouly

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

poppy patchouly
  • Perfumista
  • 944 posts

I don't want to be a party-pooper,but I think I would get very frustrated very fast with the vanishing acts of the Molecule fragrances!

I would start hyperventilating trying to sniff myself  :P

jeffreydame

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

jeffreydame

Yours in the desert

• Founder
  • 1,796 posts

they are kind of an inside-out experience

online shop now open

Dame Perfumery Scottsdale

Concept Store Opening Fall 2014

"the good life"

Dame-Perfumery-Logo-Oval-Preliminary-200

helg

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

helg

Lykethiophile

• Volunteer Community Host
  • PipPip
  • 10,041 posts

Molecule 01 is Iso-E Super and Molecule 02 is Ambroxan.

Geza is also the creator of the Ormonde Jayne scents.

Exactly right! Another mono-molecular perfume with Ambroxan is Not a Perfume (say that again!) by Juliette Has a Gun. 

Simply put, these two woody base notes appear in just about 80% of modern fragrances. 

Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is;
and saw Virtue in her own shape how lovely; saw and pined his loss

Zephyr

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Zephyr
  • Perfumista
  • 1,696 posts

Thanks for the comments.

And another finding:

Molecule 02 really lingers on clothes. I could smell it days later in my closet, traced it to the jacket I wore one day. Some scents can smell very stale on clothes but 02 doesn't. 

I tried JHAG Not a Perfume, cannot remember much of an impression.  I bought Midnight Oud instead. 

Le 3eme Homme

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Le 3eme Homme
  • Perfumista
  • 4,741 posts
I am essentially anosmic to Iso-E Super, Molecule 01.
Something stank and I want some.

Something smells like a skunk and I want some!

George Clinton